Surrounded by Grand Traverse Bay and the Chain of Lakes, the beauty and strength of Elk Rapids’ natural resources inspires us. It’s also inspired many people to imagine living, playing, and working in one of northern Michigan’s most vibrant towns. Our progressive and enterprising village and township strive to create avenues of enterprise that are as fresh as our agriculture.
In the Elk Rapids area you will find:
- US-31 – providing easy access north/south for shipping goods or supplies.
- M-72, south of Elk Rapids – connects directly to I-75 for quick transportation downstate.
- The Cherry Capital Airport in Traverse City, a full-service airfield – offers excellent venues for commercial shipping or passenger connections.
- Our industrial park complex includes room to grow while meeting power, water, and sewer needs.
- Elk Rapids maintains its own hydroelectric generating plant.
- Broadband internet access is available wirelessly or by cable.
The Elk Rapids DDA works ceaselessly to understand the economic conditions and trends in our area. Working together with the municipal government, businesses, other DDAs, residents, and property owners, the DDA strives to implement our downtown vision.
Whatever your business needs, the DDA works for you. Whether we’re working on capital projects, marketing, or development projects, our goal is to spur economic development and redevelopment to help you succeed. If you have questions or need more information, contact DDA chairman Andy LaPointe at 231-676-0453.