Surrounded by Grand Traverse Bay and the Chain of Lakes, the beauty and strength of Elk Rapids’ natural resources inspires us. It’s also inspired many people to imagine living, playing, and working in one of northern Michigan’s most vibrant towns. Our progressive and enterprising village and township strive to create avenues of enterprise that are as fresh as our agriculture.
In the Elk Rapids area you will find:
- US-31 – providing easy access north/south for shipping goods or supplies.
- M-72, south of Elk Rapids – connects directly to I-75 for quick transportation downstate.
- The Cherry Capital Airport in Traverse City, a full-service airfield – offers excellent venues for commercial shipping or passenger connections.
- Our industrial park complex includes room to grow while meeting power, water, and sewer needs.
- Elk Rapids maintains its own hydroelectric generating plant.
- Broadband internet access is available wirelessly or by cable.
Downtown Development AuthorityThe Elk Rapids DDA works ceaselessly to understand the economic conditions and trends in our area. Working together with the municipal government, businesses, other DDAs, residents, and property owners, the DDA strives to implement our downtown vision.
Whatever your business needs, the DDA works for you. Whether we’re working on capital projects, marketing, or development projects, our goal is to spur economic development and redevelopment to help you succeed. If you have questions or need more information, contact DDA chairman Andy LaPointe at 231-676-0453.
Farmers are some of the most sophisticated, creative, and innovative leaders of technology in product development and marketing. Elk Rapids farmers are helping plow the way in many areas, including:
- Embracing the cultural shift toward farmland preservation.
- Expanding new markets and year-round product capabilities.
- Discovering new uses for products and waste.
The Elk Rapids area encourages and supports a variety of businesses. There’s a place for everyone in Elk Rapids, including:
- Manufacturing – medical devices, silicone, outdoor gear, and more
- Micro-brewing and bottling facility
- Craftsman – cabinet making, art galleries, and more
- Real Estate
- Agriculture – growing, packaging, and more
Including many graduates of the Elk Rapids school district, our work force is shaped by a high percentage of quality tradesmen, technology consultants, and semi-retired professionals. For job seekers in Elk Rapids and the surrounding area, visit the Michigan Works website – Michigan’s most valuable resource for employers and job seekers.